‘CEO@Faculty Programme’ is an initiative implemented by the Ministry of Higher Education in line with the Malaysia Education Blueprint 2015-2025 (Higher Education). The main objective of ‘CEO@Faculty Programme’ is to intensify the participation from industrial sector as part of the system of higher education through the sharing of experiences and expertise from industry leaders. CEO as an icon for students and able to improve the existing curriculum through the sharing of knowledge, experiences and best practices from the CEO to formulate a new integrated assessment via a holistic learning. It is also can improved graduates employability by enhancing student learning experience and reducing the mismatch in the supply and demand.
Among the responsibilities of the appointed CEOs is to share experience and knowledge of the corporate world with UPM staffs and students. Other than that, they will engage the students in order to enhance their graduate employability and personal development in a more holistic manner.
At present, three (3) CEOs attached to UMP :
1. Tan Sri Dr. Noorul Ainur binti Mohd. Nur – Secretary General, Ministry of Higher Education
- Adjunct Professor at Faculty of Industrial Management (FIM) from 1st July 2016 until 30th June 2017
2. Datuk Seri Ir. Azman Mohd. – President and Chief Executive Officer, Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB)
- Adjunct Professor at Faculty of Engineering Technology (FTech) from 8th August 2016 until 7th August 2017
3. Dr. Hari Narayanan – Managing Director, Penang Operations Motorola Solution (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- Adjunct Professor at Faculty of Engineering Technology (FTech) from 9th September 2015 until 8th September 2016 (for first appointment) and 19th September 2016 until 18th September 2017(for second appointment)
CEO@Faculty Programme 2.0 (Coach by the Pros) is a unique platform for motivated public universities lectures with PhD, aged between 30-40 years old who are keen to gain industry exposure. The platform is tailored to provide maximum benefits through personal coaching by the CEOs, as well as learning negotiation, networking and leadership skills.
It is specifically designed to meet the requirement of 30% of the lecturers to be involved with the industries. It also serves as a foundation to enhance and redesign Higher education in Malaysia.
Under this initiative (was implemented in April 2017), the selected candidates were selected and will be attached to respective CEOs according to the assessment results and then will undergo several courses at AKEPT. The placement with CEOs are scheduled to begin in the Q4 of the year where the candidates will spend 6 months under the guidance of the CEOs.