Career Fair 2016
UNIVERSITY TO INDUSTRY (U2I)
DATE: 13 & 14 MAY 2016
VENUE : ASTAKA GAMBANG
U2I 2016 (Industry & Career Fair 2016), aims to provide a platform for students to communicate with industry in the intention of getting employment and to assist industries in providing information on the prospect of employability to graduating students. U2I 2016 is organized by Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP). Various activities are organized throughout the period such as Career Month, Industrial Talks, Career Exhibition, Coffee Talk by industry, Career Quizzes, Explore Race and Lucky Draws.
The objectives of the event are:
- Bridge the gap between the industry and university in a bid to provide future work force for the country’s need.
- Prepare a platform for the students to communicate with the industry to acquire a career or internship.
- Assist students in improving and preparing themselves before going through interviews by industries to further their employability.
- Provide space and time for alumni to share their actual work experience to final year students so that they will have a picture of the challenges and situation that awaits them when working.
- Give new inputs to the involving students to better prepare them to meet industrial demands.
- Enlighten the students on the real condition of the modern economy in terms of challenges and employment chances.
University to Industry was join by 34 companies such as:
|3||UMP Holdings Sdn. Bhd.|
|6||Great Eastern Life Assurance (M) Sdn Bhd|
|7||Polyplastic Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd|
|8||Continental Automotive Components Malaysia Sdn Bhd|
|9||Bosch (M) Sdn Bhd|
|10||JobStreet.com Sdn Bhd|
|11||Malaysian Newsprint Industries Sdn Bhd|
|12||JobHouse Sdn Bhd|
|13||Muehlbaeur Technologies Sdn Bhd|
|14||Kaneka (M) Sdn Bhd|
|16||Sony EMCS (M) Sdn Bhd|
|17||Hartalega Sdn Bhd|
|18||Project Technologies 6D|
|19||SIRIM SST Sdn Bhd|
|20||Infineon Technologies (M) Sdn Bhd|
|21||Telekom Malaysia Berhad|
|22||Top Glove Corporation Berhad|
|23||Makmal Berpusat UMP|
|24||Sirim Measurements Technology Sdn Bhd & Agilent Technologies|
|25||ALS Technichem (M) Sdn Bhd|
|28||Elite Advance Materials Sdn Bhd|
|29||Panasonic Malaysia Sdn Bhd|
|30||Electric Library Malaysia Sdn Bhd|
|33||Topbit System Sdn Bhd|
|34||Sedaya Padu Sdn Bhd|
This career fair manage to gather 2101 participant around east coast including UMP student and also outsider. There’s also open interview held during this career fair involve industries such as:
|NO||NAME OF COMPANY|
|1||Bosch (M) Sdn. Bhd + Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad|
|2||Top Glove Corporation Berhad|
|3||Elite Advance Materials Sdn Bhd|
|4||Sony EMCS (M) Sdn. Bhd.|
|5||SIRIM SST Sdn Bhd|
|7||Great Eastern Life Assurance (M) Sdn Bhd|
|8||Infineon Technologies (M) Sdn. Bhd.|
|9||Polyplastic Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd|
During the career fair, some of the activities that carried out are Industrial Talk and Coffee Talk. The companies that involve in this activities are:
|NO||NAME OF COMPANY|
|1||Bosch (M) Sdn Bhd|
|3||Sirim Measurements Technology Sdn Bhd|
|4||Malaysian Technology Development Corporation|
|5||Perbadanan Usahawan Nasional Berhad|
|Hartalega Sdn. Bhd.|